We are pleased to present our new little man, Emmett Steven Renfeldt. He was born on Tuesday July 14th, at 4:57 am, weighing in at 9 lbs, and measuring 19.75 inches long. We are enjoying the change that takes place in a home with the arrival of a new baby. The lights are soft, the house is quiet, and there is nothing on the calendar “to do”. Emmett nursed vigorously just after birth, and then could not be bothered with anything but sleep for the next two days. He is now emerging from the shock of birth and now wants only to EAT! He is like a hibernating bear! We had planned Emmett’s middle name to be after his daddy, but since he arrived a little early on Grandpa’s birthday, we thought it fun and fitting to use his name instead.
My water broke 5 minutes after we arrived at the beach in San Diego to celebrate Steve’s birthday, around 7PM. Our truck was out of gas, we were towing a trailer because we had just bought some furniture, Jarom’s car was at work where I picked him up on the way, the bags I packed for Isaac and the hospital were at home, and we were a couple hours from our hospital (which was a concern since Isaac came FAST). With all of these realizations running through my head, I was NOT mentally prepared, and panicked for a few minutes. Fortunately no contractions started right away so we took a little time to get something to eat, open a few quick presents and then got on the road to get closer to home. We made it home before the contractions started, had time to take a shower, make some last minute preparations, and go to bed for some rest while we could. Around 1AM the contractions started. Around 3:30AM we left for the hospital. Jarom drove slow and lollygagged getting us inside because he thought it was still too early. By the time we got in, changed into a gown, and got examined, I was dilated to an 8; it was about 4:30AM. I was pushing after a couple more contractions, and Emmet was born in about 3 pushes at 4:57AM. Yeah!
Isaac came to the hospital that evening to meet his “Baby Emmett”. Grandpa, Grandma, and Kelsie practiced saying his name the whole drive. He was very sweet and curious about Emmett. After hugs and kisses for Mommy and Daddy, he wanted to see the baby and hold him. He readily sat down in my lap and put his hands out to hold him (like he was catching a ball). He was very gentle, and gave him kisses and loves. Then of course there were other things to explore in a hospital so he went to work sitting in the baby bed, and opening his present from Emmett. He loved the RC Truck and wanted to show it to everyone, including Emmett. It’s a good thing we had our own room, or the sweet Isaac visit would have been more like an Isaac Invasion.
Thank you Steve and Nancy for your help with Isaac! He loves his Mama, and Papa, and CeCe! Thank you everyone for your phone calls, meals, visits, and love! We are very blessed!





12 comments:
Congratulations!!! What a cute, round baby. I can't believe you can carry that big of a baby! Way to go on your delivery. So excited for you guys to have a new little one and another boy. Brothers are so fun and crazy. Welcome to being parents of two!
Hooray!!!! Congratulations!!! What a cute name and adorable little one. I love the pictures of Isaac with Baby Emmett. What a cute family! You look great Rachel! Hope the transition is smooth! I am so happy for the little Renfeldt family!! Miss you!
Contratulations you guys!! Wow 9lbs! What a big boy. Lucky for you he came fast. That's awesome! He is so cute, and healthy looking too. Glad everything went well. You look great! Enjoy your new baby.
New babies are awesome! Congratulations. I'm happy for you that all went well with the delivery. Enjoy snuggling him and smelling him and holding him while he is still a warm, floppy bundle. :)
Congratulations! You look amazing and Emmett is soo adorable.
You look so great!!!! Are you sure you pushed him out cause I looked like a train wreck after each of my births!
Congratulations!!! You have a wonderful new angel from heaven what a plus for your family. You are both wonderful parents and so proud of both of your sons. Love to you and your family.
He is way cute!! I can't tell who he looks like though. It looks like you buzzed Issac too. I didn't recognize him from behind:) What a cute family picture. Now the real work begins eh?!
Emmett is such a cutie!!! Rachel you are amazing!! I think he looks a lot like Isaac, I guess time will tell! Congrats to the both of you! Love you guys!
Congratulations on your sweet addition!! You are a lucky momma to have such quick labors. Count your blessings!! Love to your family!
Heather (Wiley) Pearcy
He is wonderfully perfect! Congrats! (Natasha's mom)
you could not be a more gorgeous just had a baby mom! sheesh. and so cool to see your beautiful mom too. Congratulations!
Post a Comment