Today I had to call the fire department to rescue Isaac from my own stupidity. I locked him in the car. Dummy. Luckily it was still running with the A/C going so he was not in danger of the 95 degree heat. We, Lesley & Courtney Sage and I, tried the old coat hanger trick which failed miserably: first, I didn’t even know where to insert the hanger; second, I could not get it “inserted” in any of the 50 places I tried. We called friends and neighbors who lived nearby but alas still no hope. Then someone suggested we call 911, Duh! Why didn’t I think of that 10 minutes ago! They were there in less than five minutes (Firemen AND Paramedics) and had Isaac out in about 3 minutes. Thanks our local Heroes!
I need to get one of those magnetic hide-a-key doohickeys; if you’re looking to steal a ’93 Nissan Altima with 250k miles, it will be an easy lift; I’ll take my chances.
I need to get one of those magnetic hide-a-key doohickeys; if you’re looking to steal a ’93 Nissan Altima with 250k miles, it will be an easy lift; I’ll take my chances.

5 comments:
at least you got Isaac out safely and he wasn't burning up in the process. scary!
Hey don't feel bad, Brooke Sheilds did this recently but she had lovely tabloid photos to go with her experience!
how scary! poor thing, glad to know he was ok.
It was soo nice to see you and Isaac! I wish I was able to see Jarom too!! I'm sure it won't surprise you to know I've done this too. But I've topped you, I've done it twice. Both times while getting gas. I called Dean from work and he came by and opened the door, luckily he doesn't work far!!! Second time I was able to coach Melia in slithering out of her carseat buckles and unlocking the door. She was the hero of the DAY, Elise wasn't phased by the experience because luckily she was sleeping!!! Count my blessings!!
I hope that makes you feel better!!! Your not the only mom who is an airhead occasionally. I'm right there with you!!
Love you guys!!!
Rachel - I feel for you. I did that with my son and didn't know the 911 thing. Sadly, Cody is not too traumatized. I'm sure Isaac will survive. :)
Post a Comment