Saturday, October 3, 2009

Emmett's Blessing

Sunday was sweet Emmett's blessing. Jarom gave him a lovely blessing saying he has a "kind and gentle soul", that he will "love and know love", that he will "touch hearts and be a powerful influence for good", that he will have a "strong mind, with quick wit, and a helping hand", and that he will be "a joy to have as a member of our family". I'm grateful to Jarom for blessing our home and family through the priesthood.
There are only a few special events like this in our lives that bring us all together, and we are glad and grateful for our families who joined us, many traveling very far to be here.
Heavenly Father sure knows how to make us fall in love with these little bundles. Emmett is pure sweetness. I don't know how else to describe him. He smiles and laughs so readily. He loves to be spoken to and smiled at. He even loves to laugh and talk to the fish on his mobile over his crib. He is comforted so easily just by holding him close. He is so easy to love and we sure do love him.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

He is a sweet boy. I'm glad we were able to come. It was fun to see you! I was thinking this when I drove home from your house. When Nathen was little I use to think he was super sweet and just really loveable. Very similar to what you think of Emmett, anyway Nathen grew up! I mean look at how he was at your house, on the tables and into everything. It's so funny how they change as they grow up. However, Nathen still has his sweet moments. Cherish this time with Emmett, cause he'll grow up too :)

jwilson said...

Oooooohhhh! He is adorable! Love his little smile and the bow tie. :) It sounds like it was a wonderful day. He seems like a sweet bundle of joy! I am soooo glad. Now if I could just get his present to him before his 16th birthday. ;) Love 'ya girl!