Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cooking with Isaac

Isaac loves to help Mom! His favorite is the laundry; he points to the laundry room and grunts a million times a day. If Isaac finds the laundry room door left open, I often find clothes in the washer that I did not place there. He also likes sweeping, putting a new bag in the trash can, and cooking. For Easter Isaac got an apron in his basket so he can help Mom cook. "Help" in cooking usually means, emptying the drawers of utensils, eating what is in reach, and clearing the counter of whatever he thinks shouldn't be there. When we bake, he likes to push the button on the stand mixer. Letting Isaac help usually requires a little more time and a lot more clean up, but he enjoys it and I figure it is better than having him step on my feet and hang on my legs. Doesn't he look cute in his apron!?